Upcoming Events

A lot of events coming up with Lake City next Tuesday (please bring a towel athletes, if you intend on going in the river!); Roy Griak Invitational for varsity runners on Saturday, September 24th and then the homecoming run and overnight in Lovely Lewiston directly after the St. Charles invitational, Thursday, September 29th-30th. That would be for eligible 9th - 12th graders which means no D's or F's.

As I am planning for these events, it is imperative that I know if any athlete will not be in attendance.  I reserve vehicles, purchase food and most importantly, send in my roster well in advance so I need written notification if anyone is going to be gone so that I can adjust the game plan.  Please know too, that when I plan our meets, I look for opportunities to have the best competition for our team to show ourselves what's possible.  If individuals don't take being at a meet seriously, we fail in trying to see what we can do together!  My wish is that each individual is at each meet, if at all possible!

Finally, I feel like we have a lot of students missing practice for various reasons. Parents, would you please send me a note if your son/daughter is coming home early and missing practice.  I would like confirmation from you, not just a text message from your son/daughter, that they indeed are home sick or have appts. etc. 

Thanks so much for your support and understanding.  These are fun and fleeting times!  We need to savor each day as the season will be in the rear view mirror before we know it.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Coach T.

No comments:

Post a Comment